Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, November 18, 2011

Today's workout

I ran 4 miles on the Treadmill and it took me a little over 45 minutes. I am learning to not beat myself up over the time because I really need to focus on endurance, but sometimes it's so easy to feel ashamed after reading some of the other ladies times! I'll get there one day though..Right now I just have to focus on running what I can, injury free!

The first .5 mile was a little rough. My knee and hip were feeling a little achy, but then mile 2 was super easy and then I had to push through the third. I was originally going to stop at 3 especially because that last mile was getting rough, but then it started getting better and I told myself anything over 3 is great...

I added a whole extra mile. 4 is the longest I have run in awhile and I feel good. I am gonna ice and stretch really good, but I am starting to feel a little more confident that I will be able to get through the training plan (fingers crossed).

So...With my training plan I am going to be doing some cross training and working on building muscle back up. I really miss my personal trainer, but I couldn't bring him with me (husband's lame rule). So here is a before photo:

Also, I wish I could wear my compression pants everywhere I go every single day! They are comfortable and tuck everything in nicely :)

Keep an eye out for my Training tab because I am planning on putting my whole half training log on there and thinking about measurements and before photos..(We'll see about those)

2 comments:

  1. Um... that's your before picture? Your arms look FABULOUS. Remind me not to run into you in a dark alley during this training plan. I can't wait to see the after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, thanks girl! I had been working out with a trainer last year and he was awesome....Things happened with his schedule and he stopped working at my gym and then we moved and I haven't worked on my arms and legs in a long time so I am hoping to get them back to where they are! I am completely harmless, promise :)

    ReplyDelete